Queen Charlotte Industrial Park Development
The Village of Queen Charlotte is focused on creating development opportunities that will enhance economic activity within the community. Partners are currently developing a business case for the creation of a 10 to 25 acre industrial development site. The site has two access points, access to 3 phase power and municipal water service. A perfect opportunity for potential investors to develop a site to their needs, rather than fit their needs to a site.
About This Project
The Village of Queen Charlotte is currently negotiating the acquisition of 10 to 25 acres of crown land located at the west end of the village. The proposed site is relatively level with access from both the Queen Charlotte Mainline and Honna Rd. Although currently unserviced, 3 phase power and water are accessible from Honna Rd.
The Village has worked with the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations to identify acquirable lands in the above identified area that have little to no ground water; and, will result in minimal archaeological and environmental disturbance to be developed.
Advantages to potential investors are plentiful:
- Industrial tax rate of 19.8549 (inclusive of all tax classes based on 2011 rates)
- No development cost charges
- Substantial utility capacity to support development
- Access to a former log sort facility with development potential (Kagan Bay)
- Transportation infrastructure within the Village includes the BC Ferries dock, a sea plane dock, boat ramp, and helicopter pad, while daily flights via Air Canada are available nearby in Sandspit
- All provincial and federal agency offices are located within the Village of Queen Charlotte
Haida Gwaii is a unique and bountiful island. Investors should be innovative in their thinking, sustainable in their practice and respectful of the people.
The estimated cost of this project is not available at this time. The project partners are currently developing a business case which will result in specific investment opportunities and their respective capital costs.
Estimated Project Start Date
Estimated Completion Date
Chief Administrative Officer
Village of Queen Charlotte
Economic Development Officer
Misty Isles Economic Development Society